Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Yo, Joe, Whadd'ya Know?

I hate this. Even though you may think this is a clever thing to say, given that it rhymes and all, if you know someone by the name of Joe, don't say this to him. You want to know why? Because there is no good answer to the question. It can only result in an making everyone around uncomfortable. Let me explain.

On my first day of work, which was awkward enough already, someone said, "yo, Joe, whadd'ya know?" I ignored him, but then he said, "well...?" What do you say to that?

I have tried, "not much," but that really doesn't work. I have tried, "ahhhhh...," but that doesn't really work either. I have tried, "oh, you know...," but again, the end result is the same: an utterly painful social experience. If you have any suggestions for me, I will try them the next time someone says this to me. I guess it's the cross I have to bear.

1 Comments:

At 6:49 a.m., Blogger Joe said...

So, another guy at work said this to me yesterday. When I explained that I didn't know what to say to that he came up with a pretty good answer. He said, "tell them a pig's ass is pork." I think he has a point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home