Saturday, January 22, 2005

2004: A Wirl Wind Year

Somebody told me a little while ago that life is funny sometimes: it is going along like nothing really eventful is happening and then all of a sudden, you look behind yourself and everything has changed. 2004 was one of those years. To think that a year ago I was living in Korea as a big fake. I was trying to be a teacher when I most certainly am not, and I was not really thinking that the year ahead would be so awesome. It was an awesome year.

1. April 9: Ryan and Sue get married! Not exactly a surprise, but it was the first great event of what would become a life- altering year.

2. June 1: Nick and Lynn come to visit! There is something about seeing your best friends half way across the world that is pretty great. A good time was had by all and some Poyo Pop was played.

3. July 29: The visit of a lifetime! Carrie's parents come to Korea and we all go to Thailand together. Great mammories... I mean memories.

4. September 30: Carrie and I celebrate our 4- year anniversary in style atop the Jongno Tower in Seoul.

5. October 2: Randy and Amie announce they are going to have their first child! Pretty damn cool. Uncle Joe, I like the sound of that!

6. November 17: Ryan and Sue announce they are going to have their first child! Pretty damn cool. Uncle Joe, I like the sound of that!

7. December 24: I ask Carrie to marry me atop Big White mountain. She says yes! What a Christmas!

8. December 31: Joe gets extremely drunk.

Now we have moved to Calgary and are looking for some jobs to pay the bills. It is a pretty sweet city and we are looking forward to making our mark.

Yes, it was an awesome year. One of many to come.

3 Comments:

At 7:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you proposed on a mountain called "Big White" you are so racist.

 
At 7:18 p.m., Blogger Joe said...

Did I say "Big White"? I meant, "Only for Big Whites."

 
At 1:49 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you. You aren't that big.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home