Wednesday, January 05, 2005

On the Road

So, Carrie and I have made it through the rockies, and what a drive. Despite a bruised ass from sitting for 12 hours, it was a fabulous trip. There is nowhere like the Canadian Rockies, especially on a sunny winter day.

The trip wasn't all great mind you. As we were pulling on to the Coquihalla, and the first major hill of our journey: pop goes the engine light. Uh-oh! After letting the car sit for a couple minutes and kicking the tires, I had fixed it and we were on our way again. However, it was a consistent burden on my mind that that thing would turn on again. Solution: 50 up the hills. Semis were passing me. I turned on my hazzards.

We couldn't have asked for better weather. A week later all the roads we had travelled on were closed including the Trans Canada at Rogers Pass which suffered an avalanche. So we were lucky. We arrived unscathed and ready to start a new beginning in Cow Town, Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home