Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Let Me Just Check With My Wife

After a year of marriage, I am still discovering the hidden benefits to holy matrimony. Of course there is all the cliched advantages like someone to talk to, share stuff with, and received support from, but I am talking about much more selfish bonuses here. For example, I am a sucker for a good salesman and I could never before get out of a purchase. When I say I am a sucker, I mean it. I am left totally powerless by a good salesman, but now I have a new shield, or rather, deflector.

I went in to a tanning studio yesterday (take a minute... roll your eyes... okay) because we are headed to Maui at the end of the month and I don't want to look like Casper. Now, this guy wasn't a great salesman, but I just don't know how to say no. So, now I say, "I like what your selling here, but I have to check with my wife." It is an awesome way out of this situation. I know inside he is calling me a wuss, but there is no comeback to it. They just accept it! Is it bad to shamelessly use my wife as a deflector in her absense?

"I'd rather be rich than stupid." - Jack Handey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home