Sunday, May 01, 2005

Books on CD

I walk to work and have been shamelessly borrowing Carrie's MP3 player everyday to keep me company and get me going. I figured this would have to end soon as I feel bad hogging it and although Carrie would never say it, I think she wants it back. It's just that CDs are so passe, and I hate carrying them around everywhere and having to change CDs frequently when I get bored of the musician. My compromise: a book on CD.

I was at the Calgary "Public" Library (unlike BC, every city in Alberta, the richest province in Canada, makes you pay an annual fee for access to the library: it's ridiculous, but that's another post) the other day and was browsing the fiction titles when I came across some books on CD. "What a great idea," I thought. I can feed my mind during a time usually reserved for a mental recess.

So, I took out The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and have been so far impressed. The opening paragraph struck a chord with me and I have been mesmerized by the narrator. It is really a fantastic way to pass a walk to work. I highly recommend it to anyone who commutes. It sure beats the toilet humour and commercials on FM radio. I do, however, have to come up with a way to express that I haven't actually read the book. Maybe I will say that I have experienced it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home