Tuesday, March 22, 2005

If I Only Had the Nerve

So, here I am a slut to myself and not true to my word. I talk a big story, but when it comes to action I am so pathetic I make myself sick. I prove this on a regular occasion and that would be fine if I learned something about it, but I haven't and I won't.

I am off to get a cup a coffee with the woman who sits next to me (I really mean that, she sits next to me. You think I would get a cubicle, but I feel like I am back in my high school IT class. We are so close together I can scarcely zone out as I am known to do in jobs I hate). We head through the +15 to the local Timmy Ho's where I have been going (a more Calgarian statement I have not seen) since becoming a Calgarian and data-entry drone. I am searching for things to talk about, and our boring job seems the likely thing.

"I bet she will ask us to stay today," I start. "If she asks me to stay I am going to say no. I need the money, but I hate the work." And here is where I really turn into a douche. I continue, "I know what jobs I hate and just can't stay in them. I know when to get out." You're all talk Joe. Who should come to our desk when we return, but our supervisor. She turns to me and asks if I can stay another week. "Sure," I say without batting an eye. I crumple faster than celophane in a fire.

I figured out my problem. I am just so damned agreeable that I can't take a stand. Some might call that cowardice, but that would be their opinion and they're entitled to it and they're right.

"Yeah, it's sad, believe me missy,When you're born to be a sissy" - If I Only Had the Nerve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home